Casco Bay Conversations, a project of First Universalist Church of Yarmouth, seeks to:
- Explore diverse topics, including health, religion, environment, politics, science, education, race, culture, and community;
- Engage mind, body, and spirit through fora, discussions, and presentations; and
- Embrace learning, civil discussion, and new possibilities.
Casco Bay Conversations is pleased to be hosting its first event: Creating Healthy Relationships on Saturday, May 18, 2019, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. This dynamic workshop will address the questions:
- What does it mean to live and work in the #metoo era?
- How do we embrace a lifespan approach to healthy sexuality and relationships?
- Can healthy human connections build lives of compassion and accountability?
This dynamic one-day workshop, hosted by Casco Bay Conversations, is for those who want to see healthy organizations, communities, families, and individuals flourish. All who are passionate about justice, counseling, and human resources will find this workshop illuminating.
The Creating Healthy Relationships workshop includes:
- Keynote address by Dr. Margaret Christensen, MD, of the Carpathia Collaborative, who uses functional medicine principles to build resilience, vitality, and well-being.
- Participatory small group sessions with local experts, including nonviolent communications, healthy families, and whole life (OWL) sexuality. ©
- Sing, dance, or meditate in a restorative session.
- Delicious and healthy breakfast, lunch, and snacks, with choices for all dietary needs.