Casco Bay Conversations, a project of First Universalist Church of Yarmouth, seeks to:
- Explore diverse topics, including health, religion, environment, politics, science, education, race, culture, and community
- Engage mind, body, and spirit through fora, lectures, discussions, and presentation
- Embrace learning, civil discussion, and new possibilities
- Bring to Yarmouth, Maine experts, professionals, and thought leaders with regional to international reputations
Casco Bay Conversations is pleased to be hosting its first event: Creating Healthy Relationships on Saturday, May 18, 2019, from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm. This dynamic workshop will address the questions:
- Can healthy human connections lead lives of compassion and accountability?
- How do we embrace a lifespan approach to healthy sexuality and relationships?
- What does it mean to live and work in the #metoo era?
- How can we develop and reinforce our boundaries?
All who want to see healthy organizations, communities, families, and individuals flourish are encouraged to attend and all who are engaged in justice work, community organizing, counseling, social work, and health will find this workshop relevant and illuminating.
The Creating Healthy Relationships workshop includes:
- A keynote address by Dr. Margaret Christensen, MD, of the Carpathia Collaborative, who utilizes functional medicine principles to educate and engage clients to treat the root causes of illness and build resilience, vitality, and well-being
- Participatory small group seminar sessions with local practitioners and experts
- Revitalizing and uplifting artistic and/or movement-based sessions
- Materials and resources that can be taken home to share
- Locally sourced, healthful breakfasts, lunches, and snacks