Is Peace Play for Littles for My Family?
Peace Play is intended for our youngest friends, ages 0 – 4, and their parents, grandparents, or caregivers to attend together. This program is welcome to people of any religion, age, background, ethnicity, race, family composition, gender, sexual or romantic orientation, or political affiliation.
Attending Peace Play for Littles
Peace Play takes place on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of each month during the fall, winter, and spring, from 11:00 – 11:30 am, and is held at the First Universalist Church of Yarmouth. We meet indoors in our cheerful and contained Children’s Library space. Use the side entrance door (from the parking lot) to enter. This program is free and open to all.
Why Peace Play for Littles?
- Share your values with the littlest people in your life.
- Connect with other parents, grandparents, and caregivers in the Yarmouth area. Build your community and support system.
- Encourage your child’s development and growth through play.
- Get ideas for books, songs, rhymes, and games that you can play at home.
Peace Play for Littles is inspired by:
- The 7 Principles of Unitarian Universalism and the proposed 8th principle
- The early learning educational ideas of Reggio Emilia, Montessori, and Waldorf
- Public library story times for babies and toddlers
Typical sessions include:
- Arrival and Welcome
- Songs or Rhymes
- Free Play and Parent Chat
First Universalist is:
- Welcoming to all families of all backgrounds and all family structures.
- Accessible (with ramps, an elevator, accessible bathroom, and designated parking).
- Located at 97 Main Street in Yarmouth with a small parking lot and free street parking. Please enter the building using the side parking lot entrance.